The California 60 Day Notice to Vacate form is to be used by the residential landlord when he wants to send a notice to the Tenants to vacate the residential property within 60 days.
Text Version of this Form
60-DAY NOTICE TO VACATE
For Use by Residential Landlord
Prepared by: Agent/Broker Phone
NOTE: A residential Landlord may terminate the month-to-month tenancy of a Tenant who has resided on the
property for one year or more by giving sixty (60) days written notice to the Tenant. [Calif. Civil Code § 1946.1]
DATE: , 20 , at , California.
Items left blank or unchecked are not applicable.
1. You are a Tenant under a rental agreement or expired lease
1.1 dated , at , California,
1.2 entered into by , as the Tenant, and
1.3 as the Landlord,
1.4 regarding real estate referred to as
2. This notice is intended as at least a sixty (60) day notice prior to termination of your month-to-month tenancy.
3. On or before , 20 , a date at least sixty (60) days after serv ice of this notice, you will
vacate and deliver possession of the premises to Landlord or .
4. Rents due and payable by you prior to the date to vacate include:
a. Monthly rent of $ , due , 20 ; and
b. Prorated rent of $ through the date to vacate, due , 20 .
5. Landlord acknowledges the prior receipt of $ as your security deposit.
5.1 Within 21 days after you vacate, Landlord will furnish you a written statement and explanation of
any deductions from the deposit, and a refund of the remaining amount. [Calif. Civ il Code §1950.5(f)]
5.2 Landlord may deduct only those amounts necessary to:
a. Reimburse for Tenant defaults in rental payments;
b. Repair damages to the premises caused by Tenant (ordinary wear and tear excluded);
c. Clean the premises, if necessary;
d. Reimburse for Tenant loss, damage, or excessive wear and tear on furnishings provided to Tenant.
6. Landlord may show the leased premises to prospective tenants during normal busiiness hours by first giving you
written notice at least 24 hours in advance of the entry. The notice will be given to you in person, by leav ing a copy
with an occupant of suitable age and discretion, or by leav ing the notice on or under your entry door.
7. Please contact the undersigned to arrange a time to review the condition of the premises before you vacate.
8. If you fail to vacate and deliver possession of the premises by the date set for you to vacate, legal proceedings may
be initiated to regain possession of the premises and to recover rent owed, treble damages, costs and attorney fees.
9. The reason for termination is .
Date: , 20
Landlord/Agent: DRE# :
Phone: Cell: Fax: