Form 735-501, Oregon Vehicle Bill of Sale Form is a legal document is used when buying or selling a motor vehicle in the Oregon State. The document further offers the outright transfer of title, rights, and interest by the seller to the buyer.
Describing the motor vehicle and the subject of the Oregon DMV Bill of Sale in the required fields is necessary to define the vehicle. Enclosing this document is necessary during the transfer of the title to the office of the Department of Transportation, Driver and Motor Vehicle Services, 1905 Lana Ave NE, Salem Oregon 97314. Specify the date of purchase and the date of release in the respective fields, as it is needed for defining the date of the physical transfer of the motor vehicle and computation of late title transfer fees if any.
Things to remember when filing the Oregon Vehicle Bill of Sale Form
- Under the ORS 803.112, the seller must provide notification to the Oregon DMV at the
“Department Of Transportation, Driver and Motor Vehicle Services, 1905 Lana Ave NE, Salem Oregon 97314” in ten (10) days of the sale of the motor vehicle.
- The buyer is subjected to pay late title transfer fees upon the failure to apply for the title transfer in 30 days from the date of the sale of the motor vehicle.
- Entering all details accurately in the Oregon DMV Bill of Sale form is mandatory.
- Enter vehicle details accurately in the respective spaces offered for the same.
- You must print the necessary details in the form using black or blue ink.
Begin by entering the vehicle specifications like plate number, year, make, and VIN or vehicle identification number in the spaces allocated for the same in the foremost portion of the Form 735-501. Continue by printing the name of the buyer, date of the purchase, and the address of the buyer. Print the name in the prescribed format entering the last, first, and the middle name as required.
Entering the name of the business along with the name of the seller is required if the seller is a business. Continue by printing the name of the seller and/or business, as applicable along with the date of the release. The seller and/or the authorized representative of the business must sign in the space offered for the same. Use separate lines for entering the names, date of the release, and signatures of each seller, if more than one. Furnish the address of the seller in the subsequent space.