Washington Vehicle or Vessel Bill of Sale Form

Use this form as a Bill of Sale For a Vehicle or a Water Vessel in the state of Washington

Washington Vehicle or Vessel Bill of Sale Form

Text version of this Form

———————– Page 1———————–

Vehicle/ Vessel Bill of Sale

This form is used to gather necessary information when you sell your vehicle or vessel. Completing this form does

not transfer the title or act as a Report of Sale. To complete the transaction, the buyer and seller have the following


Buyer: To apply for a new title in your name, take the Certificate of Ownership (Title) and this Bill of Sale to your

local vehicle licensing office and pay the required fees and taxes. You must apply within 15 days of acquiring the

vehicle/ vessel or you will be charged a late fee. Effective October 1, 2012, late transfer fees start at $50 and increase

to a maximum not to exceed $125. Note: This transfer may require an emissions test.

Seller: Submit a completed Report of Sale within 5 days from the date of sale. The Report of Sale releases your

liability from the vehicle or vessel. You can report the sale by filling out the Report of Sale section attached to the title,

in person at any vehicle licensing office, or online (vehicle only) at www.dol.wa.gov.

Depending on your specific situation, other forms may be necessary to complete the transfer of ownership. For more

information, contact customer service at (360) 902-3770. Forms are available online at www.dol.wa.gov or at any vehicle

licensing office.

Vehicle/ Vessel information

Sale of (check one) Year Make Model

Vehicle Vessel

License plate/ Registration number Vehicle/ Hull identification number (VIN/ HIN) Date of sale Sale price

Seller information

Seller name(s)

Seller address

City State ZIP code

Buyer information

Buyer name(s)

Buyer address

City State ZIP code


Buyer signature Seller signature


Buyer signature Seller signature

We are committed to providing equal access to our services.

TD-420-065 (R/10/12)WA If you need accommodation, please call (360) 902-3600 or TTY (360) 664-0116.