Florida Petition for dissolution of marriage with dependent or minor children form, FORM 12.901(b)(1) under Florida Supreme Court Family Law is a legal document used as a filing of dissolution of marriage if the husband or the wife is wishing to end the marriage.
However, this form is to be filled in case if you have children who are either dependent or minor or even if your wife is expecting or pregnant. In order to apply for this form, you and your spouse must be living in Florida for more than six months in the least. The form should be printed in black ink after being typed and should be signed by a deputy clerk or a notary public as an affidavit in order to complete. The original should be filed with the circuit court at the clerk, of the country you originally belong to or leave and you should have a copy of it in your records while the dissolution of the marriage. In case, if you’re the one who is filing for the dissolution, you will be addressed as a petitioner and your partner will be referred as a respondent.
Step by step procedure to Fill the Florida Petition for dissolution of marriage
- The application form is an 11-page document, to start with. The first five pages of the document explain all the details, information, rules, norms and regulations of the petition form. In the sixth page is the first section, where you have to fill details like Name of the court, Name of the county, Case no, Division, Name of both the partners; Husband and Wife.
- Below that, the petitioner should enter his/her legal name followed by the name of the respondent, Marriage history, details about the children (Dependant or Minor). In case the kid is below 18 years, you have to list it out in a separate section.
- Followed by that, are the sections of ‘Marital assets and liabilities’ and ‘Spousal Support’ including alimony. Based on your status, you need to check the boxes beside the statement given concluding them as true of false.
- The further section is about ‘Parenting plan establishing parental responsibility and time-sharing’ and ‘Child support’. One should fill the details about how they are planning to share the responsibility of the kid and how the time they should spend with the kid should be divided among themselves.
- The last two sections are about ‘Other’ and ‘Request’ where you can fill any customized request you have regarding the child support. Once after filling the application, both of you should sign it with initials in date. In case, if a person who is not a lawyer has filled the application form, he must enter his credentials in order to make the application complete.