Use this form to Sub Lease your property in the State of Alabama.
Text Version of this Form
———————– Page 1———————–
Alabama Agreement to Sublease/Sublet
This agreement is to sublet real property according to the terms specified below.
The sublessor agrees to sublet, and the subtenant agrees to take the premises
described below. Both parties agree to keep, perform, and fulfill the promises,
conditions and agreements expressed below:
1. SUBLESSOR: The sublessor is:
2. SUBTENANT: The subtenant is:
3. PREMISES: The location of the premises is:
4. TERM: The term of this sublease is __________________, beginning
__________________, 20____ and ending __________________, 20____.
5. RENT PAYMENTS: The rent is $ ________ per month, payable in advance
on the ____________ day of the month. The rent is payable to
6. AGREEMENT TERMINATION: The sublease agreement will terminate on
__________________, 20____. There shall be no holding over under the terms
of this sublease agreement under any circumstances.
7. UTILITIES: All charges for utilities connected with premises which are to be
paid by the sublessor under the master lease shall be paid by the subtenant for
the term of this sublease.
8. PROPERTY CONDITION: Subtenant agrees to surrender and deliver to the
sublessor the premises and all furniture and decorations within the premises in
as good a condition as they were at the beginning of the term, reasonable wear
and tear excepted. The subtenant will be liable to the sublessor for any damages
occurring to the premises or the contents thereof or to the building which are
done by the subtenant or his guests.
9. DEPOSIT: Subtenant agrees to pay sublessor a deposit of $______________
to cover damages beyond normal wear and tear, unpaid rent, and unpaid utilities.
Sublessor agrees that if the premises and contents thereof are returned to
him/her in the same condition as when received by the subtenant, reasonable
wear and tear thereof excepted, and if there is no unpaid rent or unpaid utility
bills owed by the subtenant, he/she will refund to the subtenant
$______________ at the end of the term, or within 30 days thereafter. Any
———————– Page 2———————–
reason for retaining a portion of the deposit shall be explained in writing within 30
days to the subtenants.
10. INVENTORY FORM: At the time of the taking possession of the premises by
the subtenant, the sublessor will provide the subtenant with an inventory form
within three (3) days of taking possession.
11. ORIGINAL LEASE: The sublease agreement incorporates and is subject to
the original lease agreement between the sublessor and his lessor, a copy of
which is attached hereto, and which is hereby referred to and incorporated as if it
were set out here at length. The subtenant agrees to assume all of the
obligations and responsibilities of the sublessor under the original lease for the
duration of the sublease agreement.
12. OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS: ____________________
13. SOLE AGREEMENT: The parties hereby agree that this document contains
the entire agreement between the parties and this Agreement shall not be
modified, changed, altered or amended in any way except through a written
amendment signed by all of the parties hereto. (Any oral representations made at
the time of executing this lease are not legally valid, and therefore, are not
binding upon either party).
14. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed, construed and
interpreted by, through and under the Laws of the State of Alabama.
15. CONSTRUCTION: The words “sublessor” and “subtenant” as used herein
include the plural as well as the singular. The pronouns used herein shall include,
where appropriate, either gender or both, singular and plural.
16. PARENTAL/GUARDIAN GUARANTEE: If the subtenant is under18 years of
age, then his/her legal guardian or parent guarantees and agrees to perform all
of the terms, covenants and conditions of this sublease by affixing his signature.
17. ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF COPY RECEIVED: Each party signing this
sublease acknowledges receipt of a copy thereof.
18. LANDLORD APPROVAL: This sublease is not binding upon either party
unless approved by the landlord as provided below, provided such approval is
required by the original lease.
The parties hereby bind themselves to this agreement by their signatures affixed
below on this _________ day of __________________, 20____.
———————– Page 3———————–
Printed Name of Sublessor(s): Signature of Sublessor(s):
1. __________________________________ 1. __________________________________
2. __________________________________ 2. __________________________________
3. __________________________________ 3. __________________________________
Signature of Subtenant(s):
Printed Name of Subtenant(s):
(Include parent or guardian signature, if subtenant is under 18
years of age.)
I hereby give my consent as landlord to subletting of the above described premises as set out in
this sublease agreement.
Printed Name of Landlord or Agent: Signature of Landlord or Agent:
ORIGINAL LEASE ATTACHED: _____Yes _____No
INVENTORY CHECK ATTACHED: _____Yes _____No