Free Arkansas 10 Day Notice to Quit for Non-payment of Rent - PDF Form Download
Arkansas 10 Day Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent is served to a tenant who fails to pay the rent to the Landlord. Arkansas Residential Landlord Tenant Act permits two processes for initiating the eviction of the tenant.
However, Landlord is prohibited from deploying any self-help remedies for eviction of the tenant under the (A.C.A. § 18-60-302). This Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent in Arkansas State is the first initiative of eviction under the Unlawful Detainer Process of termination of the Tenant for nonpayment of the rent under the (A.C.A. § 18-16-101(a)).
The Tenant forfeits all the rights to enjoy the property within 10 Days once such notice is served and the tenant and all the other occupants of the said premises should vacate the property within 10 Days of the notice.
However, the Landlord must maintain proof of serving the notice for producing in the District Court during filing the eviction suit immediately after the notice period is lapsed and the Tenant still occupies the property.
You must know before proceeding
- Serving the Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent – Arkansas grants you the right to file a criminal action against the Tenant upon the completion of the notice period and the failure of Tenant to vacate the premises.
- You must obtain and maintain the proof, date, time, and mode of serving the notice to the Tenant for submitting in the District Court.
- Your notice must contain tenant’s name, address, unpaid rent amount, last permissible date to vacate the premises, and Landlord’s name, address, and signature.
- Please understand that the Tenant is guilty of a criminal misdemeanor charge in case he/she fails to vacate the premises on or before the last day to vacate mentioned in the notice.
- Using this Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent – Arkansas helps you as a Landlord to initiate criminal action against the Tenant in the District Court.
Steps to Prepare Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent – Arkansas
- Enter date.
- Then enter the Tenant’s name and address on the respective lines.
- Enter your legal name as the Landlord on the next line. Continue by entering the Tenant’s or Lessee’s name and date of serving the notice in the required format.
- Enter the detailed address of the property / premises along with the name of the city and county in the next spaces.
- Enter the date of the rental lease agreement in the required format.
- Enter the month/s and year for which the Tenant has not paid the rent. Then enter the accumulated rent amount in words and figure on the next line. Enter the description of the account on the succeeding line.
- Enter the last permissible day to vacate.
- Enter your name, address, and phone number on the respective lines. Your authorized agent must provide his/her particulars in case he/she is serving the notice.
Proof of Service
- Please enter the date on the first line.
- Then select the mode of serving notice among the three choices offered.
- Enter date and place of execution on the next line.
- Sign on the last line of Proof of Service to complete the preparation of the Notice to Quit for Nonpayment of Rent – Arkansas.