Free Florida Three Day Notice Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession - PDF Form Download
Florida Statute Annexure § 83-56(3) and (4) had directives for a Landlord to serve Florida Three-Day Notice – Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession Form CC0016 to the Tenant that fails to pay the rent on the due date. This notice grants three days from the date of serving the notice to the Tenant to pay past due rent or vacate the premises.
However, the Landlord reserves the rights to recover the past due rent from the security deposit held or file a suit in court for recovery if the Tenant vacates the premises without paying the past due rent as per the directives in Florida Statute Annexure §83-49. Please review these provisions prior to proceeding. You must serve notice in form CC0016 in one of the three acceptable manner as described in Florida Statute Annexure § 83-56(4). Please do not include weekends and national holidays while computing notice period of three days.
Your Attention Please
- Please mention the amount of past due rent in the Florida Three-Day Notice – Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession Form CC0016. You must specify the property address accurately. In addition, your signature on the notice form is mandatory.
- Please serve this notice either by handing over to the Tenant in person, sending the notice by certified mail return receipt, or posting it in a visible place on the property as directed in Florida Statute Annexure § 83-56(4). However, the notice period extends by five days in case you send the notice by certified USPS mail.
- Florida Statute Annexure § 83-67 grants the rights to a Landlord to file eviction suit when the Tenant fails to pay the past due rent and vacate the premises after the third day of the notice period. However, the Tenant has rights to attend the hearing and present his/her argument before the court for nonpayment and non-eviction.
- You must complete Proof of Service portion of the Florida Three-Day Notice – Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession Form CC0016 duly and retain a copy of the notice along with proof of service with you.
Steps to Prepare Florida Three-Day Notice – Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession Form CC0016
- Enter Tenant’s name on the first line.
- Continue by entering the address of the Tenant with zip code and phone number.
- Enter the amount of past due rent on the next line.
- Continue by providing the address and description of the property.
- Enter the last permissible date for past due rent payment or the evacuation of the premises in line with the directives in Florida Statute Annexure § 83-56(3) and (4).
- Sign above your printed name, enter your address, and phone number on the respective lines.
- Enter the date and mode of serving the notice to the Tenant to complete preparation of Florida Three-Day Notice – Demand For Payment Of Rent Or Possession Form CC0016.