The Amendment of Lease Form is a multifaceted document designed to legalize the amendments in a lease agreement between a landlord and the tenant in good faith. The form permits various sorts of mutually agreed amendments and provides a gateway to carry them out legally.
This mutually signed document in good faith is binding on both the landlord and the tenant. This Amendment of Lease Form has space for mentioning the modification in the lease agreement. Attaching the Amendment of Lease Form with the original lease agreement previously executed is very necessary. The landlord and the tenant must keep a copy of the Amendment of Lease Form with them respectively.
When Amending a Lease keep in mind these things
- The nature of the Amendment of Lease Form does not demand notarization from the Notary Public of the state. However, you can notarize the document for its legal standing.
- Signing and executing the document is binding on both the landlord and the tenant and both parties must respect the amendments in the lease agreement in person or in nature.
- Specify the particulars of the proposed amendments precisely to avoid ambiguity of any sort.
- Make multiple copies of the Amendment of Lease Form and attach them with the copies of the lease agreement in possession of both the parties.
- This Amendment of Lease Form specifies the amendments and confirms that all the other terms and conditions previously mentioned and executed through the lease agreement remain the same.
- Signatures of the landlord and the tenant are mandatory for the execution of the Amendment of Lease Form in line with the previously executed lease agreement between the landlord and the tenant.
Begin by entering the legal name of the landlord. Enter the name as specified in the previously executed lease agreement. Mention the name of the tenant in the space provided for the same. Describe the property in details in the next line. The description must match with the property description as specified in the original lease agreement. Mention the date of signing and executing the Amendment of Lease Form in the next space.
The next portion of the Amendment of Lease Form requires the input of the particulars of amendment and/or modification in the lease agreement. Use a separate line for entering each modification if more than one. Mention the date of the signing and execution of the Amendment of Lease Form.
The landlord and the tenant must sign in the respective spaces provided for the same for executing the Amendment of Lease Form.
Text Version of this Form
FOR GOOD CONSIDERATION, ________________________ [Landlord], and ________________________ [Tenant], under a certain lease agreement between them for premises known as ________________________, dated ______________, 20____ hereby modify and amend said lease in the following particulars:
All other terms shall remain as contained. Signed under seal this _____ day of ___________, 20___.