California 60 Day Notice to Vacate Form is pursuant with California Civil Code § 1946.1. This form is intended to serve a notice of evacuation to a tenant residing at the property for over one year. The form has blank spaces to provide the particulars of the rental agreement, pending dues, and security deposit held by the landlord.
Read this form thoroughly to understand the provisions made in it regarding the refund of the security deposit in line with the directives prescribed in the California Civil Code §1950.5(f) and showing the premises to prospective tenants during the occupancy of the existing tenant. Landlord and/or authorized agent appointed in the lease agreement is endorsed to serve the notice to the tenant. Particulars intentionally left blank or unchecked do not apply.
Before sending the 60 Day Notice
- Read this form completely to understand the provisions mentioned within.
- The tenant rightfully receives a period of 60 days for evacuation from the date of serving the notice. However, the notice period is reducible upon mutual agreement.
- Furnish property description in the space reserved for the same and enclose a copy of the lease agreement previously signed and executed.
- Legal proceedings for evacuation of the tenant are entitled upon failure of the tenant to vacate after completion of 60 days notice period.
- Specify the cause of the termination in the space reserved for the same.
- Notarization of the document is not necessary.
Begin by inserting the name, phone number, and email address of the maker like agent/broker and/or landlord. Continue by inserting the date followed by typing the name of the county of the California state. Provide tenant’s name on the next line.
Furnish date and address in 1.1 subsection. Type a name of the tenant in 1.2 and the name of the landlord in 1.3. Subsection 1.4 seeks input of the description of the property in detail.
Insert the date of the expiry of the notice period in section 3 in the prescribed format and specify the name of the entity if not the landlord to hand over the possession.
Enter the rent amount, due date, prorated rent, and due date of prorated rent in the blank spaces in section 4. Enter the amount of security deposit held by the landlord in section 5.
Furnish the reason for termination in section 9 followed by entering the date in the next blank space. Type a name for the landlord/agent along with the DRE# on the next line. Complete the California 60 Day Notice to Vacate Form by signing and furnishing the address, phone, fax, and cell number, and email address in the respective blanks.
Text Version of this Form
60-DAY NOTICE TO VACATE
For Use by Residential Landlord
Prepared by: Agent/Broker Phone
NOTE: A residential Landlord may terminate the month-to-month tenancy of a Tenant who has resided on the
property for one year or more by giving sixty (60) days written notice to the Tenant. [Calif. Civil Code § 1946.1]
DATE: , 20 , at , California.
Items left blank or unchecked are not applicable.
1. You are a Tenant under a rental agreement or expired lease
1.1 dated , at , California,
1.2 entered into by , as the Tenant, and
1.3 as the Landlord,
1.4 regarding real estate referred to as
2. This notice is intended as at least a sixty (60) day notice prior to termination of your month-to-month tenancy.
3. On or before , 20 , a date at least sixty (60) days after serv ice of this notice, you will
vacate and deliver possession of the premises to Landlord or .
4. Rents due and payable by you prior to the date to vacate include:
a. Monthly rent of $ , due , 20 ; and
b. Prorated rent of $ through the date to vacate, due , 20 .
5. Landlord acknowledges the prior receipt of $ as your security deposit.
5.1 Within 21 days after you vacate, Landlord will furnish you a written statement and explanation of
any deductions from the deposit, and a refund of the remaining amount. [Calif. Civ il Code §1950.5(f)]
5.2 Landlord may deduct only those amounts necessary to:
a. Reimburse for Tenant defaults in rental payments;
b. Repair damages to the premises caused by Tenant (ordinary wear and tear excluded);
c. Clean the premises, if necessary;
d. Reimburse for Tenant loss, damage, or excessive wear and tear on furnishings provided to Tenant.
6. Landlord may show the leased premises to prospective tenants during normal busiiness hours by first giving you
written notice at least 24 hours in advance of the entry. The notice will be given to you in person, by leav ing a copy
with an occupant of suitable age and discretion, or by leav ing the notice on or under your entry door.
7. Please contact the undersigned to arrange a time to review the condition of the premises before you vacate.
8. If you fail to vacate and deliver possession of the premises by the date set for you to vacate, legal proceedings may
be initiated to regain possession of the premises and to recover rent owed, treble damages, costs and attorney fees.
9. The reason for termination is .
Date: , 20
Landlord/Agent: DRE# :
Phone: Cell: Fax: