The Alabama Month to Month Rental Agreement is also called as a Residential Rental Agreement of Alabama state. It’s a legal document that allows the applicant to seek rent of a property from a particular Landlord or a business on the monthly basis.
As this document doesn’t contain any particular end date, either of the two parties can cancel the document or alter it based on their requirements with a prior Notice of 30 days. Just like any other rental agreement, Alabama works the same. It has the power of bounding both the Tenant and the Landlord to certain terms and conditions by making sure that the Tenant will pay the rent monthly and any changes that are to be made will be attached to the document as an addendum. By doing this, the Landlord will have all the rights to perform a credit check, contact the references to make sure if the tenant is eligible to rent the property.
Requirements of Alabama Month to Month Rental Agreement
- The Agreement should be thoroughly read, understood and then should be dated and signed by the Lessor.
- The Agreement should be thoroughly read, understood and then should be dated and signed by the Lessee.
- Everyone who is signing the Alabama Month to Month Agreement should be at least 18-year-old or more with a sound mind and a free will.
Step by Step process to fill the Rental Agreement
- The form is extremely long containing around 41 different sections. Each of the section explains every detail of the Tenant’s rights over the property and acts that he can perform and can’t perform.
- The starting of the form contains details like place, the date where the agreement is being signed along with the titles of the Tenant and the Landlord. Following are the sections Location (Location of the Residence), Terms (Commencing the start and the end date of the agreement), Rent (The amount that is to be paid in advance, the monthly rental income, To whom the rent will be paid, Late fee, Additional fee et al).
- The seventh part of the agreement form contains the ‘Occupants’ section where you have to fill all the details about the occupant. The next few parts cover the Tenant’s obligations, Renewal terms, Sublease, Utilities and services, Returned checks after. Fill them genuinely after going through them.
- Fill the areas headed as ‘Essential Services and Appliances’, ‘Insurance’, ‘Right to access’, ‘Military Clause’, ‘Security Deposit’, ‘Pet Fee’ and ‘Landlord communication addresses’. Once you’re done with all of these, the Tenant(s) along with the Landlord and the Landlord’s agent should date and sign the document to make it work.
Alabama Month to Month Rental Agreement