Free Washington Commercial Lease Agreement - PDF Form Download
The Washington Commercial Lease Agreement is a form which is essential for the purposes of leasing a premises, for activities which are commercial in nature. The property must be within the state of Washington.
The form is for leasing a premises for commercial purposes only, it cannot be used for another purpose. The commercial practices must also be legally allowed on the premises. The form is an agreement between the lessor and the lessee.
The top of the form has lines for a return address in case the form is lost. It is followed by a section for indexing information, which is required by the Washington State Auditor’s office. It is followed by the section in the form of fill in the blanks. The date, names and addresses of the lessor and the lessee are to be filled in this section.
This is followed by a description of the premises, which is being leased. The term of the lease is described next, along with the start and end of the lease. The next point is about where rent would be paid and in what amount it would be paid to the lessor. It also mentions the service charge levied on the payment, in case of late payments.
Next section covers the cost of utilities to be paid by the lessee and a list of utilities which are included in the rent. It is continued by various points regarding the attorney fees, provisions in case of damages and repairs. Point 6 describes the purpose for which the premises will be used and is followed by addresses of both the lessee and the lessor, where they can be reached in order to communicate.
The last part requires the signatures of the lessor and the lessee, along with an individual acknowledgement from the lessor that he is signing the document voluntarily along with the date. The corporate acknowledgement must be by a corporation and states the same thing as the individual acknowledgement. Both acknowledgements must be notarized by a notary public. The date of expiry of the notary public’s appointment must also be mentioned.
Text Version of this Form
COMMERCIAL LEASE AGREEMENT (Short Form)
Indexing information required by the Washington State Auditor’s/Recorder’s Office. (RCW 36.18 and RCW 65.04) 1/97:
Reference # (If applicable): ______________________________________________
Grantor(s) (Owner/Lessor): (1) ____________________________________ (2) ____________________________________ Additional on pg ______
Grantee(s) (Lessee): (1) ____________________________________ (2) ____________________________________ Additional on pg ______
Legal Description (abbreviated): __________________________________________________________________________ Additional on pg ______
Assessor’s Property Tax Parcel I Account #: ______________________________________________________________________________________
THIS LEASE made this _____________ day of ______________________________________, by and between (Names & Addresses):
___________________________________________________________________________________ (here-in-after called Lesser), and ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________ (here-in-after called Lessee).
- PREMISES: Lessor does hereby lease to Lessee, those certain premises commonly known as:
as shown on Exhibit B attached hereto, (here-in-after called “premises”), being situated upon land legally described in Exhibit A, attached hereto.
- TERM: The term of this Lease shall be for _________________________________________ commencing the _________ day of _____________________, ________, and shall terminate on the _________ day of __________________________, ____________.
- RENT: Lessee covenants and agrees to pay Lessor, at Lessor’s address __________________________________________
___________________________________________________________________________ monthly rent in the amount of ____________________________________________________________________ Dollars ($ ____________________), in advance on the first day of each month of the lease term. If not paid within five days, a service charge of $___________ shall also be due. Lessor hereby acknowledges receipt of ______________________________________________________ Dollars ($ ____________________) for the first and ___________ months rent.
- UTILITIES AND FEES: Lessee agrees to pay all charges for light, heat, water, sewer, garbage, drainage, metro and all other utilities and services to the premises during the full term of this lease. Above items, if any, included in the rent payment are ____________________________________________________________________________________________________.
- REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE: Premises have been inspected and are accepted by Lessee in their present condition. Lessee shall, at its own expense and at all times, keep the premises neat, clean and in a sanitary condition, and keep and use the premises in accordance with applicable laws, ordinances, rules, regulations and requirements of governmental authorities. Lessee shall permit no waste, damage or injury to the premises.
- SIGNS AND ALTERATIONS: All signs or symbols placed by Lessee on or about the premises shall be subject to Lessor’s prior written approval. After prior written consent of Lessor, Lessee may make alterations, additions and improvements in said premises, at Lessee’s sole cost and expense. Lessor may elect to require Lessee to remove any such alterations, additions or improvements upon termination of this lease and at Lessee’s sole cost and expense.
- LIENS AND INSOLVENCY: Lessee shall keep the premises free from any liens arising out of any work performed for, materials furnished to, or obligations incurred by Lessee, and shall indemnify and hold Lessor harmless against the same. In the event Lessee becomes insolvent, bankrupt, or if a receiver, assignee or other liquidating officer is appointed for the business of Lessee. Lessor may cancel this Lease at its option.
- SUBLETTING OR ASSIGNMENT: Lessee shall not sublet the whole or any part the premises, nor assign this Lease, without the written consent of Lessor, which will not be unreasonably withheld. This Lease shall not be assignable by operation of law. Any assignment shall not release the lessee from liability under this lease unless the assignment states such.
- DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION: In the event the premises are rendered untenantable in whole or in part by fire, the elements, or other casualty, Lessor shall notify Lessee, within thirty (30) days after such casualty, that Lessor will undertake to rebuild or restore the premises, and that such work can be completed within one hundred eighty (180) days from date of such notice of intent. If Lessor cannot restore or rebuild the premises within the said one hundred eighty (180] days, then the Lease may be terminated at Lessee’s option by written ten (10) day notice to Lessor. During the period of untenantability, rent shall abate in the same ratio as the portion of the premises rendered untenantable bears to the whole of the premises.
- ACCIDENTS AND USABILITY: Lessor or its agent shall not be liable for any injury or damage to persons or property sustained by Lessee or other, in and about the premises. Lessee agrees to defend and hold Lessor and its agents harmless from any claim, action and/or judgment for damages to property or injury to persons suffered or alleged to be suffered on the premises by any person, firm or corporation, unless caused by Lessor’s negligence.
- COSTS AND ATTORNEY’S FEES: If, by reason of any default or breach on the part of either party in the performance of any of the provisions of this Lease, a legal action is instituted, the losing party agrees to pay all reasonable costs and attorney’s fees in connection therewith, including costs and fees to collect any judgment. It is agreed that the venue of any legal action brought under the terms of this Lease may be in the county in which the premises are situated. Interest on unpaid sums shall accrue at the rate of 12 percent per annum from due date, even if not liquidated at that time.
- SUBORDINATION: Lessee agrees that this Lease shall be subordinate to any mortgages or deeds of trust placed on the property described in Exhibit A, provided, that in the event of foreclosure, if Lessee is not then in default and agrees to attorn to the mortgagee or beneficiary under deed of trust, such mortgagee or beneficiary shall recognize Lessee’s right of possession for the term of this Lease.
- NO WAIVER OF COVENANTS: No conduct of a party shall constitute accord and satisfaction, unless contained in a writing to such effect arid signed by the parties. Any waiver by either party of any breach hereof by the other shall not be considered waiver of any future similar breach. This Lease contains all the agreements between the parties; and there shall be no modification of the agreements contained herein except by written instrument.
- SURRENDER OF PREMISES: Lessee agrees, upon termination of this Lease, to peacefully quit and surrender the premises without notice, leave the premises neat and clean and to deliver all keys to the premises to Lessor. If Lessor elects to require Lessee to remove alterations, additions or improvements made by Lessee, then Lessee shall restore the premises to their previous condition, less reasonable wear and tear.
- BINDING ON HEIRS, SUCCESSORS ANDASSIGNS: The covenants and agreements of this Lease shall be binding upon the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of both parties hereto, except as here-in-above provided.
- USE: Lessee shall use the premises for the purposes of _____________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________________ and for no other purposes, without written consent of Lessor.
- NOTICE: Any notice required to be given by either party to the other shall be deposited in the United States mail, postage prepaid, addressed to the Lessor at,
_________________________________________________________________________________________ or to the
________________________________________________________________________________________________ or at such other address as either party may designate to the other in writing from time to time. A facsimile transmission will suffice in lieu of mail if receipt is confirmed as to date and time.
- RIDERS: Riders, if any, attached hereto, are made apart of this lease by reference and are described as:
- TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE OF THIS LEASE.
- If Lessee is a corporation, each individual executing this Lease on behalf of said corporation represents and warrants that he is duly authorized to execute and deliver this Lease on behalf of said corporation in accordance with a duly adopted resolution of the Board of Directors of said corporation or in accordance with the By-Laws of said corporation; and that this Lease is binding upon said corporation in accordance with its term. If Lessee is a corporation, Lessee shall, within thirty (30) days after execution of this Lease, deliver to Lessor or certified copy of a resolution of the Board of Directors of said corporation authorizing or ratifying the execution of this Lease.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have hereunto set their hands the dale first above written.
STATE OF WASHINGTON
- (INDIVIDUAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT)
County of _____________________________
I certify that I know or have satisfactory evidence that _______________________________ is the person who appeared before me, and said person acknowledged that ________ signed this instrument and acknowledged it to be _________ free and voluntary act for the uses and purposes mentioned in the instrument.
Dated this _______________ day of ___________________________________.
Print Name _________________________________
Notary Public in and for the State of _____________ My appointment expires: ______________________
STATE OF WASHINGTON
- (CORPORATE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT)
County of _____________________________
On this _________________, day of ____________________________________, __________, personally appeared before me ______________________________________________________________ to me known to be the
______________________________ of the corporation that executed the within and foregoing instrument, and acknowledged said instrument to be the free and voluntary act and deed of said corporation, for the uses and purposes therein mentioned, and on oath stated that __he ________________ authorized to execute said instrument and the seal affixed (if any) is the corporate seal of said corporation.
WITNESS my hand and Official seal hereto affixed the day and year in this certificate above written.
Print Name _________________________________
Notary Public in and for the State of _____________
My appointment expires: ______________________