To form a LLC in Kansas you need to download this form and submit it to the Secretary of State office in Kansas along with a filing fee of $165.
Address of Secretary of State, Kansas
Memorial Hall, 1st Floor
120 S.W. 10th Avenue
Topeka, KS 66612-1594
Text Version of this form
———————– Page 1———————–
DL i Kansas Limited Liability Kansas Office of the Secretary of State
Company Articles of Memorial Hall, 1st Floor (785) 296-4564
51-09 120 S.W. 10th Avenue [email protected]
Organization Topeka, KS 66612-1594 www.sos.ks.gov
Save time and money by filing your articles of organization online at www.sos.ks.gov
All information on the articles of organization must be complete and accompanied by the correct filing fee
or the document will not be accepted for filing.
1. FILING FEE: The filing fee for this document is $165.
2. PAYMENT: Please enclose a check or money order payable to the Secretary of State. Articles received
without the appropriate fee will not be accepted for filing. Please do not send cash. Also, to expedite
processing, please do not use staples to attach checks.
3. COMPANY NAME: A word of organization must be included in the name per K.S.A. 17-7673. Permitted
words of organization are “Limited Company”, “Limited Liability Company”, or the abbreviation “L.C.”,
“L.L.C.”, “LC” or “LLC”. Kansas Statutes can be reviewed at www.kslegislature.org.
4. RESIDENT AGENT: The resident agent is a person or entity that is authorized to accept service of process
(lawsuits) on behalf of the business entity. This does not necessarily mean that the agent himself/herself is
being sued, but that he/she has the authority and responsibility to accept service of process on behalf of the
5. REGISTERED OFFICE: The registered office is the address where the resident agent is located.
6. MAILING ADDRESS: The mailing address is where you would like to receive official mail from the Secretary
of State’s office.
7. SIGNATURE: The articles require the signature of any person authorized to form the limited liability
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON YOUR ORGANIZATION’S STATUS, ANNUAL REPORT DUE DATE AND CONTACT ADDRESSES
BY GOING TO WWW.SOS.KS.GOV. UNDER QUICK LINKS, SELECT SEARCH BUSINESS ENTITY INFORMATION.
NOTICE: There is a $25 service fee for all checks returned by your financial institution.
All information must be completed or this document will not be accepted for filing.
Rev. 12/27/10 jdr Instructions Page 1 of 1 K.S.A. 17-7673
———————– Page 2———————–
KANSAS SECRETARY OF STATE
DL Kansas Limited Liability Company
51-09 Articles of Organization
CONTACT: Kansas Office of the Secretary of State
Memorial Hall, 1st Floor (785) 296-4564
120 S.W. 10th Avenue [email protected]
Topeka, KS 66612-1594 www.sos.ks.gov Above space is for office use only.
INSTRUCTIONS: All information must be completed or this document will not be accepted for filing.
Please read instructions sheet before completing.
1. Name of the limited
2. Name of the resident
agent and address of the
registered office in ________________________________________________________________________________________
Kansas: Name Street Address
Address must be a street address
A P.O. box is unacceptable
City State Zip
3. Mailing address:
This address will be used to send
official mail from the Secretary ________________________________________________________________________________________
of State’s office Attention Name Address
City State Zip Country
4. Tax closing month:
5. Effective date:
A future effective date must be
within 90 days of filing date
Future effective date
Month Day Year
6. I declare under penalty of perjury pursuant to the laws of the state of Kansas that the foregoing is true and
correct, and I have remitted the required fee.
Signature of organizer Date (month, day, year)
Rev. 12/27/10 jdr Page 1 of 1 K.S.A. 17-7673