Michigan (LLC) Limited Liablity Company Form carries articles necessary for the formation of Limited Liability Company in the Michigan State. The form has 5 articles governing various features. Filing duly completed form to the Bureau of Commercial Services is necessary for its execution.
However, it attracts filing fees of $50. Expedited review and filing facilities are available at higher filing fees. The document is stored electronically and returned to the address mentioned or at the registered address if not mentioned otherwise. Formation of the domestic limited liability company is under the provision of Act 23, P.A. of 1993. Article V requires an additional statement to approve the management of the LLC by managers instead of the members.
Important things to remember when forming an LLC in the State of Michigan.
- Submit duly accomplished form BCS/CD-700 in single copy to Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Commercial Services, Corporation Division, P.O. Box 30054, Lansing, MI 48909.
- Acquiring MICH-ELF filer number is necessary for expedited review and filing when requested by first time MICH-ELF user.
- Checks and money orders are standard modes of fees remittance; however, credit cards are accepted during in-person filing of the form BCS/CD-700 at 2501 Woodlake Circle, Okemos, MI.
- Words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviations L.L.C. or L.C., with or without periods must appear in the name in Article 1 of form BCS/CD-700.
- Illegible documents with poor black and white contrast are not accepted as these documents are maintained in electronic format.
Begin by mentioning the name, street address, city, state, and zip code. This address is used for sending the document back to you upon completion of review and electronic filing. Consideration of date of execution or the effective date is necessary.
Proceed by typing the name of the limited liability company as required. Do not forget to mention words Limited Liability Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or L.C., with or without periods in Article I.
Mention the lawful purpose of the formation of the limited liability company in Article II pursuant to the provisions of Act 23, Public Acts of 1993.
Type the duration of the LLC unless it is perpetual. Information mentioned in Article III is vital for defining the span of operations of the LLC.
Article IV requires input of the name of the registered agent located at the registered office of the limited liability company. Proceed with entering the street address, city, and the zip code of the registered office. Write the mailing address on the subsequent line if different from the registered address of the LLC.
Article V has space reserved for input of desired additional provision/s if any. You can attach a separate sheet if necessary. Form BCS/CD-700 offers minimum necessary directives for filing eligibility. Using space in Article V therefore is very necessary to add the desired additional provision/s when necessary.
Proceed with mentioning the date and signature of the Organizer/s followed by typed or printed name of Organizer/s.
Enter the name and business telephone number along with the area code of the Preparer. Mention the name of the person or organization remitting the filing fees on the right hand portion of the form BCS/CD-700.
Address of Secretary of State, Michigan
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Bureau of Commercial Services
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
2501 Woodlake Circle
Telephone: (517) 241-6470
Text Version of this Form
———————– Page 1———————–
BCS/CD-700 (Rev. 04/1 1)
MICHIGAN DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS
BUREAU OF COMMERCIAL SERVICES
Date Received (FOR BUREAU USE ONLY)
This document is effective on the date filed, unless a
subsequent effective date within 90 days after received
date is stated in the document.
City State ZIP Code
Document will be returned to the name and address you enter above.
If left blank, document will be returned to the registered office.
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
For use by Domestic Limited Liability Companies
(Please read information and instructions on reverse side)
Pursuant to the provisions of Act 23, Public Acts of 1993, the undersigned executes the following Articles:
The name of the limited liability company is:
The purpose or purposes for which the limited liability company is formed is to engage in any activity within the purposes for
which a limited liability company may be formed under the Limited Liability Company Act of Michigan.
The duration of the limited liability company if other than perpetual is:
1. The name of the resident agent at the registered office is:
2. The street address of the location of the registered office is:
(Street Address) (City) (Zip Code)
3. The mailing address of the registered office if different than above:
(P.O. Box or Street Address) (City) (Zip Code)
ARTICLE V (Insert any desired additional provision authorized by the Act; attach additional pages if needed.)
Signed this day of ,
(Signature(s) of Organizer(s))
(Type or Print Name(s) of Organizer(s))
———————– Page 2———————–
BCS/CD-700 (Rev. 04/1 1) Name of person or organization remitting fees.
Business telephone number ( )
INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
1. This form may be used to draft your Articles of Organization. A document required or permitted to be filed under the act
cannot be filed unless it contains the minimum information required by the Act. The format provided contains only the
minimal information required to make the document fileable and may not meet your needs. This is a legal document and
agency staff cannot provide legal advice.
2. Submit one original of this document. Upon filing, the document will be added to the records of the Bureau of Commercial
Services. The original will be returned to your registered office address unless you enter a different address in the box on
the front of this document.
Since this document will be maintained on electronic format, it is important that the filing be legible. Documents with poor
black and white contrast, or otherwise illegible, will be rejected.
3. This document is to be used pursuant to the provisions of Act 23, P.A. of 1993, by one or more persons for the purpose of
forming a domestic limited liability company. Use form BCS/CD 701 if the limited liability company will be providing
services rendered by a dentist, an osteopathic physician, a physician, a surgeon, a doctor of divinity or other
clergy, or an attorney-at-law.
4. Article I – The name of a domestic limited liability company is required to contain the words Limited Liability
Company or the abbreviation L.L.C. or L.C., with or without periods.
5. Article II- Under section 203(b) of the Act, it is sufficient to state substantially, alone or with specifically enumerated
purposes, that the limited liability company is formed to engage in any activity within the purposes for which a limited
liability company may be formed under the Act.
6. Article V – Section 401 of the Act specifically states the business shall be managed by members unless the Articles of
Organization state the business will be managed by managers. If the limited liability company is to be managed by
managers instead of by members, insert a statement to that effect in Article V.
7. This document is effective on the date endorsed “Filed” by the Bureau. A later effective date, no more than 90 days after
the date of delivery, may be stated as an additional article.
8. The Articles must be signed by one or more persons organizing the Limited Liability Company. Type or print the name
of the organizers signing beneath their signature.
9. If more space is needed, attach additional pages. All pages should be numbered.
10. NONREFUNDABLE FEE: Make remittance payable to the State of Michigan. Include limited liability company name on
check or money order………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..$50.00
Submit with check or money order by mail: To submit in person:
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs 2501 Woodlake Circle
Bureau of Commercial Services Okemos, MI
Corporation Division Telephone: (517) 241-6470
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909 Fees may be paid by check, money order, VISA or
Mastercard when delivered in person to our office.
MICH-ELF (Michigan Electronic Filing System):
First Time Users: Call (517) 241-6470, or visit our website at http://www.michigan.gov/corporations
Customer with MICH-ELF Filer Account: Send document to (517) 636-6437
LARA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids, services and other reasonable accommodations are
available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
———————– Page 3———————–
Optional expedited service.
Expedited review and filing, if fileable, is available for all documents for profit corporations, limited
liability companies, limited partnerships and nonprofit corporations.
The nonrefundable expedited service fee is in addition to the regular fees applicable to the specific
Please complete a separate BCS/CD-272 form for expedited service for each document submitted
in person, by mail or MICH-ELF.
24-hour service – $50 for formation documents and applications for certificate of authority.
24-hour service – $100 for any document concerning an existing entity.
Same day service
Same day – $100 for formation documents and applications for certificate of
Same day – $200 for any document concerning an existing entity.
Review completed on day of receipt. Document and request for same day expedited
service must be received by 1 p.m. EST OR EDT.
Two hour – $500
Review completed within two hours on day of receipt. Document and request for two hour
expedited service must be received by 3 p.m. EST OR EDT.
One hour – $1000
Review completed within one hour on day of receipt. Document and request for 1 hour
expedited service must be received by 4 p.m. EST OR EDT.
First time MICH-ELF user requesting expedited service must obtain a MICH-ELF filer number prior
to submitting a document for expedited service. BCS/CD-901.
Changes to information on MICH-ELF user’s account must be submitted before requesting
expedited service. BCS/CD-901.
Documents submitted by mail are delivered to a remote location for receipts processing and are
then forwarded to the Corporation Division for review. Day of receipt for mailed expedited service
requests is the day the Corporation Division receives the request.